2014 / Lounge, Commercial, Airport
TIAT LOUNGE ANNEX, SKY LOUNGE ANNEX Renewal, Tokyo International Airport International Passenger Terminal
- BY SERVICE
- BY TYPES
- Lounge, Commercial, Airport
- Project name
- TIAT LOUNGE ANNEX, SKY LOUNGE ANNEX Renewal, Tokyo International Airport International Passenger Terminal
- 2-6-5 Haneda-kuko, Ota-ku, Tokyo MAP
- Tokyo International Air Terminal Corporation
- Project Team
- Design and Supervision / Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects Japan
- SS Tokyo Co.,Ltd
About the Project
This project was to create international airport lounges for the exclusive credit card holders in the new International Passenger Terminal at Tokyo International Airport (Haneda).
Adopting the concept of “Heavenly lounges”, we created a comfortable space where you can spend your time in peace. The entrance gate has a cloud shaped ceiling with overlapping curved layers, which creates a feeling that another world lies ahead as you pass through the gate. Each lounge draws on images and ideas of heaven as the essence of their design with the spaces changing in appearance depending on the natural light during the day and the level of the lighting in the lounges at night.